Monday, March 3, 2014

 This past weekend ski lessons were cancelled due to the cold.  I was very thankful as I read that the wind chill that morning on the slopes was -57.

We are gearing up for spring break next week.  Sounds like Jbird is wanting to have a sleep over for his 7th birthday, so that is on the calendar.  As well as trying to head to the slopes for a day of skiing, as well as another day with the lessons and half a day of free skiing.  We also cashed in our jar of coins and ended up with $143, so we are trying to work in 2 overnights at a local hotel so the kids can swim.  We will go with another family, so should be a lot of fun.

Last week B participated in the Gran Prix at AWANA.  He made a car and ended up getting first in design and third in speed.  He was so surprised, excited and proud.

I am still hitting the gym, but have hit a mental block I think.  I have been having a few issues with my knee, so going lighter on a lot of the exercises.  Still trying to run some.  Slowly getting stronger and faster on the treadmill.  Looking forward to when the roads clear and I can run some outside.  I decided not to do the March 15th 10k run.  However, I did find a 9k Memorial Run in our little town that I am hoping to sign up for.  I actually found all the runs in our whole state and hope to at least sign up for 3 or 4 this year.

Not much else going on. Just desperately wanting to pull out the shorts.  I have told the boys that I will pull their out after spring break.  (I had to take them away because they wanted to wear them when it was 32 out).

JR is staying busy.  We have met expenses 3 months in a row and he has not looked for any work.  It is all seeking him out!  We are talking about what the summer months will look like and trying to plan for some growth.

B goes back to orthodontist on Thursday.  At one point they had put brackets on his two front teeth to pull them together.  Well, all that work has been undone!  They have moved back apart.  I really think we started a year too early for him.  I don't think the doctor anticipated how slowly he would lose his teeth.  Jbird will be 7 soon and we are still awaiting the loss of his first tooth!

No comments: