Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Quick check in....

Last Friday, all the 4th graders in the valley were invited to a symphony.  They all dressed up and boarded school buses.  I was excited to hear this, because the symphony is nothing that is ever on our radar.  B seemed to enjoy it.  I think he was surprised to hear them play Star Wars themed music, among other things.  They even had some actors on stage doing sword fighting.  Overall a great impression and hopefully something he will want to venture to do again.

Little JB continues to plug away with his speech.  All indications are that he will 'work himself' out of his current preschool.  He will be 5 in August and I am just not comfortable at this point sending him to Kindergarten in the fall.  So, exploring other options.  Just an example of apraxia.....the other day he was eating some nachos.  I asked him how his nachos were and he said "goot".  I said "goot?".  He tried to correct it several times but could not come up with 'good'.  Then he stopped, looked at me and replied "okay".  He could not produce the word but was able to find an alternate word.

Yesterday I headed to the local running store.  Quite impressed with it.  They employees are very knowledgeable about shoes.  The guy helping me was quite amazed that I was still wearing orthotics that I have had 32 years!  He assured me that shoes have advanced now and I won't need them anymore.  They watch you walk and then bring out several pairs of shoes.  They don't have prices on any of their shoes, because they don't want anyone to think that the most expensive is the best or the least expensive is the least.  They want you to buy shoes based on how they feel and the needs of your foot.  So he had me put on several and 3 of the 4 felt great!  Then we narrowed it down to just one and I was thankful that it was the one on sale.  I am excited to try them at the gym today!

B has an eye appt today.  I think he is really struggling to see at distances, not being able to read some signs across the cafeteria at school.  He struggled seeing the super bowl from the couch this year.

All 3 of them start ski lessons next weekend!  Excited to see JB get up on skis.

No comments: